Saturday, February 14, 2009

Singlespeed: An end?

The singlespeed conversion cant stick with me.

At 1st, i tried to set the ratio of 1:2 32T front and 16T rear but my stamina isnt powerful to give the drivetrain a sudden gush whenever i want to attempt a pedal kick.








To eliminate this problem, i changed the rear teeath to 18T to lighten up and accelerate easily, but then another problem abrupt, the chain can't cope with the sudden accelaration and slip. If i was pedalling in a straight course, it wouldnt be an issue but jumping and slipping a chain really killed me, and my shin gets another whip!



Well the wound maybe looks like minor it is actually a deep wound. Duh!!!!!

And the sad thing is i decided to use my previous setup: the drivetrain. but i sold it! I sold the X9 to a johor rider and now the feeling of stupidity playing into my mind, another decision went wrong? And OMG my chainguide also have been sold! where can i find another?

So i posted at Bicyclebuysell.com;
1) Dabomb SS kit for sale

Suprisingly it took only 5 minutes to have it sold! Lucky me!

I arrange meet with Joe whom bought the SS kit at Bikepro. Again i am lucky to get a syncros Chainguide kit at RM110, the retail price should be RM 326!!!!







The chainguide took a pain stacking 7 hours of time to be aligned properly, altough Scirocco have an ISCG05 mount, the syncros is ISCG Chainguide so the BB holds the plate.



The other wound have healed nicely, I have also bought SRAM road rear casette, a shimano Saint shifter and an Ultegra RD to replace the X9 setup. Still the chainguide need some fine adjustments, i postponed my plan to go to PCP today to have everything ready, i think i will be riding my BMX for these few days to have the Scirocco properly setup.

I took some pics of my previous study place, UTM. it is under demolition process now, just to save the memories.






3 comments:

Aaron Chan & Leon Lai said...

Hey dude!

Aaron Chan here, nice to see you're into the street&dj scene. Keep it up! Give me a ring at 0172543793 or add me up at GREMLIN1991@hotmail.com, maybe we can plan a ride or something?

Cheers!

Wyatt Wong said...

Hi there,

I'm interested in going to PCP for a ride man! I live in Sg Long near Kajang. Give me a call or sms me at 017-6471411. The name is Wyatt.

Thanks!

Mandie said...

Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back and we'll talk about it.

Thanks!

Mandie Hayes
mandie.hayes10@gmail.com