Saturday, December 6, 2008

Today... no riding, tried to sell stuffs

I woke up late today and early in the morning I wondered how long can my Marzocchi serve me?

So I went to the internet to search for the service manual at www.marzocchi.com but they only provide me the owner's manual.

Nothing can beat google... i found my detail service manual at:-

http://manualer.happymtb.org/

Downloaded it and thoroughly read it but again, in the manual there is some parts on the shock which have to be replaced when the fork is dismantled for servicing, dust boots and oil seal is a must to be discarded and replaced with new ones. I have the intention to do it myself in the future as the steps to do it have been described in detail inside the manual. Hmmm..... where on earth i can get the replacement seals?

Luckily few phone calls resolved the matter, i found few sets and i think i will buy 2 sets just for spare. You won't know when u need it.

To be more aware of the fork history, i called the previous owner and he told me the riding hour for the fork is 20 hours, marzocchi recommended full service of the fork when it reaches 100 hours of riding.

I read all the manual thoroughly and how to set the rebound and other features which should be really understand to prolong the fork lifespan, wrong setup can ended up like my previous RECON 351 which turned too soft after a week of jumpin' n riding

Again, Kevin your price for the bike + shocks are steal! Thanks bro

And i remembered a customer at Yoong's place said that i shouldn't have doubt with marzocchi shocks especially for models which is under 2005 as Marzocchi among the best and that is why Ducati motorcycles hired Marzocchi to develop shocks for their bikes. After the year 2005 Marzocchi face complains about their shock, why? Marzocchi hired Taiwan to mass produce/assemble shock for Marzocchi, that is where the problem start to rise.

Some marzocchi models need to be modified to eliminate weird sounds soon after using it. I read many post in the internet with pictorial guide to file some of the internal parts which rubbing within the shocks and causing clunking noises.




I sell car parts as part time job, today, i went and took pics of front cut. It took a day to travel to the storage area.

Then, i went to Pudu Raya and that's all i have done for today. Nothing special. Nothing interesting. But, the journey ain't boring at all, thank to my workmate whom accompanied me.

No comments: