Thursday, December 4, 2008

No riding today



I haven't collected my C4 today due to my tiredness after night shift work,Yoong have repaired what's necessary but one problem still can't be eliminated which the chain guard issue.

My Truvativ BB is not very wide to make my crank middle ring setup a bit "outside". Now when i am using the lowest gear, the chain will rub the chain guide surface, no problem with pedalling just irritating noises are audible. The solution is a "wider" bottom bracket and wider crankshaft. The retaining ring of the BB should be bigger than the ones i am using now. Currently i am using Truvativ FireX XC BB and crank, i should have used Truvativ freeride version of crank. Husslefelt or Ruktion, again... money, well this upgrade will be hold till the end of month. Duh

I will be trying to sell some of car performance items to cover up this month's expenses, hopefully the effort will pay off these few days.

Sadly, I might be seldom cycling at my favourite trail (Challenge park Putrajaya) as i will further my studies. I am considering to take part-time studies, there is alot to do for my new family, the plan is when i finished my studies and upgrade my job grade, my wife will be able to quit her current job and concentrate on my dearest child, Dhia. Things aren't cheap nowadays and every child need attention especially at the early stage of their growth.

Well, i will have to use my imagination by utilizing every obstacles around my house. Working shift will force me to cycle at Putrajaya during week/working days cos my off/restday oftenly on weekdays.

I am glad that my bike setup nearly completed, the C4 will be aimed for all mountain hardtail, I prefer hardtails for its simplicity, no fuss/complicated linkage systems, due to sudden evolution in MTB technologies, there is now too much to choose from. To meet every riding style you might ended buying 4 bikes:-

1) XC (mostly hardtail to minimize pedal power loss)
2) DH (heavy) suits its name... for DOWNhill only
3) Trails/ All mountain (need rear suspension)
4) Urban freeride

I am trying to get c4 to be in the middle of all these classes. especially for freeride. To shave the weight off, i have eliminate the usage of the front derailluer system and the Marzocchi Bomber also reduced the total weight of the bike.

No comments: